How the vehicle GPS Tracker works
The tracker receives a signal from the sky satellites and sends the position information through the internet to your phone app or desktop computer.
When you purchase this tracker it comes with a SIM card already installed powered up and ready to go. The SIM card comes with free credit to last 12 months based on average mileage and three minute position upload intervals. You can even track it coming towards you in the post. After 12 months you can add credit to your SIM for a small fee of €35 and this will last another 12 months. Munster GPS will send you a text or email notification when the credit is about to run out and will include a link to top-up.
The tracker comes with a desktop web portal where you can track live on your PC monitor or alternatively you can track on your mobile phone app.
If you have a fleet of cars,vans or trucks we will set you up with an account to enable you to view all vehicles on the one monitor. You will also be able to set the tracker to alert you if the vehicle exceeds a pre-set speed or if the vehicle goes outside a pre-set route/area.
Vehicle GPS Tracker Features
- Auto Track: Once the tracker is moving it uploads a new position every 3 minutes
- Geofence: A predefined virtual fence is setup around a site. If the Tracker goes outside this perimeter it will send an alarm to your phone.
- Over-Speed Alert: You can set the maximum speed to any number. If it is set to 100kph and the Tracker travels >100kph and alarm is sent to your phone with the current speed, the position, time & date.
- Route History: Can check where the truck travelled on a specific date. You can replay a specific route it took and it even shows you where it stopped and parked during the journey.
- Magnetic induction alert: If someone removes the magnetic tracker from your vehicle an alert will be sent to your phone app.
- Size: 90 x 72 x 22 mm
What is Included with your vehicle GPS Tracker Ireland
- Magnetic GPS Tracker
- 10,000mAh Lithium-Ion Battery
- Free mobile app and web portal
- USB Charging cable
Vehicle GPS Tracker Installation
If you are using the internal battery only then just find a place in the car where it can’t be seen but where it is most likely to receive a satellite signal. There is a strong magnet incorporated in the tracker structure to allow attaching quickly to the any metal point in your vehicle.
For hard-wiring to the vehicle use the voltage reducer and wire it to the mains and earth of the vehicle ensuring it is from a fused point.
Vehicle GPS Live Tracker ADD-ONS