How the Personal SIM GPS Tracker works
There is a GPS antenna which receives signals from sky satellites to determine an accurate geo position. This position is sent via SMS (text message) along with Date, Time and Speed.
When you click on the GPS Co-ordinates link it takes you to a position on your Smart Phone map where your Tracker is located.
You can also enable live tracking where you place a SIM in the tracker that has data enabled. Then follow the attached App instructions below for live tracking on the mobile app or web portal. Both have a feature which allows you to view the route history of the tracker.
Personal GPS Tracker Features
- Auto Track : Can continue tracking at given intervals.
- Voice Surveillance : You dial up and listen in to the sounds around the tracker. eg. voices, car sound, etc.
- Geofence : A predefined virtual fence is setup around a site. If the Tracker goes outside this perimeter it will send an alarm to your phone.
- Movement Alert : The unit can be set up to act as a movement alarm. Once the Tracker moves more than 200 metres from it’s original position an alarm is sent to your phone.
- Vibrate Alert : The unit once vibrated (shaken) will alert your phone with a text.
- Over-Speed Alert : You can set the maximum speed to any number. If it is set to 100kph and the Tracker travels >100kph and alarm is sent to your phone with the current speed, the position, time & date.
- SOS Button : There is an SOS button situated on the side of the Tracker. Once pressed for >6 seconds an alarm is sent to your phone again with the current speed, the position, time & date.
What is Included with the Personal SIM GPS Tracker
- GPS Tracker
- USB connection
What is not Included
- Sim Card
Personal SIM GPS Tracker Specifications
- Dimensions:50mm x50mm x20mm (1.96 in. x 1.96 in. x 0.79 in.)
- Weight:50 g (1.76 oz )
- GPS chip:UBLO
- GPS sensitivity:159dBm
- GPS accuracy: 5m (16.40 feet)
- Time To First Fix
- Cold status :35-80s
- Warm status :35s
- Hot status :1s
- Wall charger 110-220V input 5V output
- Battery: Rechargeable 3.7V 1000mAh Li-ion battery
- Standby: 240hours
- Storage Temp -40°C to +85°C
- Operation Temp -20°C to +55°C
- Humidity: 5%–95% non-condensing
- Waterproof level: IPX-6
Please Note: All GPS trackers have limitations and should not be solely relied on as trackers need both Satellite signal and GSM signal.