How the Personal SIM GPS Tracker works
There is a GPS antenna which receives signals from sky satellites to determine an accurate geo position. This position is sent via SMS (text message) along with Date, Time and Speed.
When you click on the GPS Co-ordinates link it takes you to a position on your Smart Phone map where your Tracker is located.
You can also enable live tracking where you place a SIM in the tracker that has data enabled. Then follow the attached App instructions below for live tracking on the mobile app or web portal. Both have a feature which allows you to view the route history of the tracker.
Personal GPS Tracker Features
- Auto Track : Can continue tracking at given intervals.
- Geofence : A predefined virtual fence is setup around a site. If the Tracker goes outside this perimeter it will send an alarm to your phone.
- Movement Alert : The unit can be set up to act as a movement alarm. Once the Tracker moves more than 200 metres from it’s original position an alarm is sent to your phone.
- Vibrate Alert : The unit once vibrated (shaken) will alert your phone with a text.
- Over-Speed Alert : You can set the maximum speed to any number. If it is set to 100kph and the Tracker travels >100kph and alarm is sent to your phone with the current speed, the position, time & date.
- SOS Button : There is an SOS button situated on the side of the Tracker. Once pressed for >6 seconds an alarm is sent to your phone again with the current speed, the position, time & date.
What is Included with the Personal SIM GPS Tracker
- GPS Tracker
- USB connection
- SIM card
Personal SIM GPS Tracker Specifications
- Dimensions:50mm x50mm x20mm (1.96 in. x 1.96 in. x 0.79 in.)
- Weight:50 g (1.76 oz )
- GPS chip:UBLO
- GPS sensitivity:159dBm
- GPS accuracy: 5m (16.40 feet)
- Time To First Fix
- Cold status :35-80s
- Warm status :35s
- Hot status :1s
- Wall charger 110-220V input 5V output
- Battery: Rechargeable 3.7V 1000mAh Li-ion battery
- Standby: 240hours
- Storage Temp -40°C to +85°C
- Operation Temp -20°C to +55°C
- Humidity: 5%–95% non-condensing
- Waterproof level: IPX-6
Please Note: All GPS trackers have limitations and should not be solely relied on as trackers need both Satellite signal and GSM signal.
Frequently asked questions
A: Any micro sized SIM card from your local network provider. Example vodafone, Three, EIR.
A: Ensure the SIM PIN is disabled and there is credit in the SIM. Best to place the SIM in a mobile phone first to disable the PIN and try using google to check data is enabled. If everything looks good then place the SIM in the tracker.
A: The lights are flashing only when initially turned on. Once the unit is on for 5 minutes the lights go into standby (battery saving mode) but the tracker is still operating.
A: There is a distinct tone when the button is pushed to turn on the tracker and another different tone when the button is pressed to turn off the tracker.
A: If the tracker is inside it cannot see the satellites so it resorts to LBS mode which gives a very rough position report. Once the tracker is outside it will revert to GPS mode and gives an accurate position report.
A: Set the GPS positioning, once every 10 minutes to report the location information, about 50 hours of working time. (about 2 days)
Set the GPS positioning, once each 1 minute to report location information, the working time is about 6 hours.
Combined with your own circumstances, please choose the right correct working mode and position reporting frequency.
A: For children’s health, we reduced the GSM antenna power, power is proportional to the radiation, the greater power the higher radiation. Generally phone power is 33 db, whereas the maximum power on this device is 27 db, radiation doubles every 2 db. Keep this in mind when your phone might have a signal but your tracker doesn’t.
Q: Is the tracker waterproof:
Q: What is the location accuracy of the tracker?
A: In open space, the positioning accuracy is 5-15m when the weather is good and no cloud, generally about 30 m.
Q: Why does my tracker sometimes re-start?
A: The tracker will auto reboot under the following conditions:
1. There is no sim card, Tracker can’t detect the SIM card.
2. No signal or Signal is poor, the tracker is offline.
Q: What is the battery capacity? Is the battery removable?
A: Tracker uses high capacity ratio battery, battery capacity is 520 mAh
Battery is sealed.
Q: what GPS chip does the tracker use for positioning accuracy?
A: Uses the MTK chip , the positioning accuracy is 5-15 m using in open space.
Q: Why do I need a SIM card?
A: The tracker itself doesn’t need SIM card, But the GPS device needs to upload the positioning data to the positioning platform or forward to the guardian’s phones, for this it needs a SIM card. Munster GPS has already installed a working SIM card in your product