How the car GPS Tracker works
The tracker receives a signal from the sky satellites and sends the position information through the internet to your phone app or desktop computer.
When you purchase this tracker it comes with a SIM card already installed powered up and ready to go. The SIM card comes with free credit to last roughly 12 months based on average mileage and three minute position upload intervals. You can even track it coming towards you in the post. After 12 months should you wish to continue you can add data to your SIM with a unique username and password provided by us. This will cost approx. £30 per year depending on usage.
The tracker comes with a desktop web portal where you can track live on your PC or alternatively you can track on your mobile phone app.
If you have a fleet of cars or vans you will be able to locate each one at any given time. You will also be able to set them up so the tracker will alert you if the truck exceeds a pre-set speed or if the truck goes outside a pre-set route/area.
Car GPS Tracker Features
- Auto Track: Once the tracker is moving it uploads a new position every 3 minutes
- Geofence: A predefined virtual fence is setup around a site. If the Tracker goes outside this perimeter it will send an alarm to your phone.
- Over-Speed Alert: You can set the maximum speed to any number. If it is set to 100kph and the Tracker travels >100kph and alarm is sent to your phone with the current speed, the position, time & date.
- Route History: Can check where the truck travelled on a specific date. You can replay a specific route it took and it even shows you where it stopped and parked during the journey.
What is Included with your car GPS Tracker
- GPS Tracker
- 5000mAh Lithium-Ion Battery
- Free mobile app and web portal
- Charging cable
- Voltage Reducer for hard wiring to vehicle
Car GPS Tracker Installation
If you are using the internal battery only then just find a place in the car where it can’t be seen but where it is most likely to receive a satellite signal. There is a strong magnet incorporated in the tracker structure to allow attaching quickly to the chassis.
For hardwiring to the vehicle use the voltage reducer and wire it to the mains and earth of the vehicle ensuring it is from a fused point.
Car GPS Live Tracker ADD-ONS
The instructions below are only for further reading. You don’t need to follow these instructions as the tracker is already setup by us with SIM card installed and activated.
Notes and Conditions
Please note GPS trackers are dependant on Satellite and GSM coverage.
Make sure the GPS Tracker is in an optimum position in the vehicle to allow maximum satellite signal and make sure there is credit in the SIM at all times.
When Munster GPS supply a tracker with SIM card installed it has enough data credit for the tracker to work for 12 months with average mileage and a 3 minute interval upload.
The app and web portal are operated by the manufacturer and not by Munster GPS. In the unlikely event of down time or app deletion we cannot be held responsible as it is under control of the third party. We will however point you in the direction of an alternate web portal.