How the Bus GPS Tracker works
When you purchase this tracker it comes with a SIM card already installed powered up and ready to go. The SIM card comes with free data credit to last roughly 12 months when setup at 3 minute tracking intervals. You can even track it coming towards you in the post. There is a desktop web portal where you can track live on your PC or alternatively you can track on your mobile phone app. The cost of the SIM is already included in the purchase price for 12 months. After 12 months should you wish to extend the SIM data you just top-up online with the username and password provided to you by Munster GPS
If you have a fleet of Buses you will be able to locate each one at any given time. You will also be able to set them up so the tracker will alert you if the Bus exceeds a pre-set speed or if the truck goes outside a pre-set route/area
Bus GPS Tracker Features
- Auto Track: Can continue tracking at given intervals.
- Geofence: A predefined virtual fence is setup around a site. If the Tracker goes outside this perimeter it will send an alarm to your phone.
- Over-Speed Alert: You can set the maximum speed to any number. If it is set to 100kph and the Tracker travels >100kph and alarm is sent to your phone.
- Route History: Can check where the Bus travelled on a specific date. It also records parking points along the route.
What is Included with your Bus GPS Tracker
- GPS Tracker
- 5000mAh Lithium-Ion Battery
- SIM card with 12 months free data (depending on use)
- Charging cable
- Voltage reducer
Bus GPS Tracker Installation
If you are using the battery only version then just find a place in the Bus where it can’t be seen but where it is most likely to receive a satellite signal. There is a strong magnet incorporated in the tracker structure to allow attaching quickly to the chassis.
For the DIY enthusiast the tracker (wired version) is very easy to install in your vehicle. You have 2 wires to connect 12/24v and earth. Make sure a fuse is placed between the DC DC converter and the battery to protect the battery in case of short circuit.